Frequently asked questions
Do you have the appropriate licence and insurance?
We are fully licenced to carry waste and have public liability insurance.
Do I need to be present during the clearance?
No, we fully understand that in most cases a house clearance is not only an emotional but also a stressful experience, all we need is access. We can collect the keys from an estate agent, solicitor, friend, relative or neighbour.
Do you use subcontractors?
No we are a family run business and all work will be undertaken by ourselves.
What services do you offer?
- House Clearances
- Garages and Sheds
- Lofts and Cellars
- Offices and Warehouses
- Probate clearance.
What the quote will include
- A professional caring service.
- All areas cleared as specified.
- Areas cleared vacuumed or swept.
- All electrical and plumbed in appliances removed capped and appropriately sealed.
- Liaison with appropriate authorities re access, including advising the neighbours of our presence
- A company target of 90% of the items removed sustainably recycled, a percentage of the items donated to local charity shops
- Working with an environmentally friendly family company.
- Fully liability insured and certified to carry household waste via the Environment Agency.
What do we do with the items cleared?
- We are a green company with strong beliefs that everything should be recycled to the best of our abilities.
- We support local charity shops and donated all appropriate items, Items that cannot be recycled are taken to licenced waste disposal plants.
- Unfortunately, some things we cannot recycle due to the cost of man hours to process the mixed items and the transportation fees.
- For these items we responsibly pass these onto a recycling company. They have the machinery to sort through the materials and they remove the paper, plastics, metals, hard-core, timber etc.
- No recycling is free to us and incurs costs such as transportation, recycling company charges based on weight and man hours.
- This cost is one that we feel is worthy of mention but essential for the benefit of our planet and the philosophy of our company.